Monday, October 4, 2010

My Birthday Weekend: Part 1

My Birthday started on Thursday September 30th which is the day of my birth. Mason got the two days off to spend with me. I woke up to breakfast in bed made by Mason that consisted of scrambled eggs, Chocolate chip pancakes, and some really yummy Vegan bacon Mason made the night before. I also got my gifts from him, some really really nice headphones and a game for the PSP we have, and then a king size twix. On my birthday Mason, Me, Max, and Tresa(Mason's sister) headed out to the Getty Center. It is such a cool museum, awesome architecture and some cool pieces of art. They also have a photography exhibit which was very cool and interesting. Max was tired at the beginning but once he had a short nap in the stroller he seemed to enjoy looking around at the art. We had a really good lunch at the cafe there and then walked around some more. Then we finished off the day with dinner at the Cheesecake Factory!

On Friday we all went to the Getty Villa in Malibu. It is so pretty there and really relaxing walking around with all the gardens and fountains.

But before we headed out there we had to take Max in for his six month check up, which went good except for the whole shots part. I hate when he has to get shots, so he was a little cranky during the Getty Villa but he did do very well considering he wasn't feeling great. A little Tylenol helped though.

The art at the Villa was all Roman and Greek and had some of the oldest pieces dating back to about 6,000 B.C.! One of the coolest pieces I thought was a gold leafed head piece that they used to give out for athletic competitions but because this specific one was so delicate they assumed it was probably from a funeral. It was so neat looking I wish I would have taken a picture.

The Getty Center
Looking over L.A.
Painting of Cupid and Pan
Eating lunch
our family :)
Max loving the museum


Chewing on a cracker package at lunch
Looking at the drawings exhibit
Max and Tresa
A cool painting
The Getty Villa in Malibu

God and Goddess's
Tresa and Max enjoying one of the gardens
The Getty Villa

The Children area. They had a bunch of these vases you could draw on.
So I did one for Maximus.
Relaxing in his stroller

2 comments:

  1. Meaghan!! Sound like so much fun, i love the last two pictures!! hehe so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love your drawing!! I miss your drawings Meaghers. I'm a SO glad you guys did fun stuff for your birthday! I want to always do something fun for birthdays I've decided. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete