Thursday, October 6, 2011

I heart NY



Today is a rainy cloudy day and for some reason its days like this that make me miss New York. Its the place where Mason and I fell in love, where we got engaged, and where we got to know each other so well. We lived there for a year together and it was one of the best part of our lives so far. I think why I miss it on cold dark days like this is because I loved the fall in New York and we spent the whole(pretty miserable) winter there. I remember walking down to the ferry on cold days and then riding the ferry across looking out the windows at New York and most of the time thinking of how lucky I was to live in such a great city. When Mason and I had days off and it was cold and rainy we would stay in our apartment all day and snuggle in bed and watch movies. Other days we would go out to explore the city. One of our favorite places to go was the upper west side by riverside park and going to Tom's Diner(the Seinfeld diner). I remember the cold fall day we took a long walk through the upper park of Central Park, that was the day Mason and I discovered the Museum of Natural History. We got there 10 min before it closed so we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. There are so many memories there for us and I miss it so badly sometimes. We have not been back since we moved but I hope to go back soon. I can't wait to take our kids and share with them all of our special places and have them experience that feeling you can only get from New York City.

Pictures above: 1. Brooklyn Bridge from the Staten Island Ferry
2.Emily and I at the fountain in Central Park, Thanksgiving day 2007
3.Plaza Hotel from Central Park
4.View of Manhattan from Staten Island
5.Mason and I at Pop Burger
6.Mason by the Jackie Onassis Reservoir in Central Park
7.Mason and I when Emily visited with the Empire State building behind us
8.Central Park Thanksgiving day 2007
9.Going to work on the 1 train
10.Mason and I being weird all alone on the subway
11.Tom's Restaurant
12.Taxi
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment