Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Glimpse Kindness

The other day I saw something that caught my eye. I was driving with Mason and as we drove down a street I saw a homeless looking man with no shoes standing by the freeway entrance. As he stood probably begging for money, I saw a little girl walk up to him with a new pair of flip flops and a water bottle in her hands. As she appraoched the man they exchanged some words as she held out the objects. She then sadly turned around and walked back to the car where I assume her mother was waiting, still holding the water bottle and flip flops. I assumed the man had refused to take the gifts she was offering him. It made me sad for that little girl who probably had seen him standing there with no shoes and thought of how hot he must be and wanted to help him. I wonder why he did not take the gifts, unless he just wanted to keep looking as helpless as he could to get money from others. I don't want to sound harsh to the man but it just breaks my heart that the little girl was rejected when all she probably wanted to do was something kind.

I know this is a random thought but it was just interesting to me. And it made me hope that one day my children will see others in need and want to help them, and have compassion for them. So good job little girl for caring and for trying to do something to help someone in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment